- Stands water logged conditions;
- Grown as low-land crop with standing water as well as upland crop under rainfed conditions;
- 200 mm of monthly rainfall for lowland rice and 100 mm for upland rice;
- Requires a rainfall of 125 cm during vegetative stage;
- No standing water at ripening stage;
- Best suited for regions with assured water supply.
- Need hot and humid climate;
- Best suited for the regions having high humidity, prolonged sunshine;
- Mean temperature around 22oC through out growing period;
- Tolerates day temperature up to 40oC;
- Minimum of 10oC for sprouting;
- Optimum of 22 to 23oC for flowering and 20 to 21oC for grain formation;
- Above 22oC respiration is accelerated and grain filling period is reduced.